Jenny Schecter is dead. Finally. After five seasons of hating her, she is finally gone for the sixth and last season of The L Word. But I almost feel a little sad. LOL! JK! Let’s remember some of Jenny’s most annoying/memorable/infuriating moments:
- Buying a dog in order to have it euthanized to meet a sexy veterinarian
- That she ever dated Carmen?!?!
- The writing of Lez Girls
- One word: manatees. (PS Why didn’t anyone tell Ilene Chaiken that the animal they were actually showing throughout that episode was a beluga whale?)
- That she always wore such expensive and trendy clothes when she was a struggling writer sharing a house
- The entire Holocaust storyline (which I still don’t understand) and her need to do amatuer night at that strip club
- Anything and everything she did in Season 5 (which almost made that season unbearable (thank God for the reunion of Mama T and Mama B))
- All her obnoxious poetry
- The way she sits with her feet on chairs and her knees against her chest
- Her hitchkiking road-trip with two teenagers after she marries Tim
- When she sailed away on an inflatable boat in the finale of Season 4
Even though every time Jenny came onto the screen I died a little inside, I have to admit my total sympathry for Mia Kirshner, the actress. I mean, I didn’t even realize how gorgeous she is until I looked for a picture of her to put on this post due to Jenny’s overpowering nature. She must have known how awful Jenny was and obviously knew how much everyone hated her, but she still did it all and said all the ridiculous lines, and did it well. And she’s a good person, doing philantrophic work for AIDS and all that.
But in the case of Jenny Shecter? Rest in Peace. And may you never come back from the dead to give advice a la Dana Fairbanks.